Introduction to Mindfulness
Introduction to Mindfulness is covered in two session over the course of two weeks.
This workshop provides individuals with the groundwork to establish an ongoing mindfulness practice. Mindfulness is a skill that requires a basic understanding of concepts and ongoing dedication to practice. It's like a muscle that requires regular exercise to maintain fitness. This workshop provides individuals with valuable information, in session experiential exercises, take home practice and facilitates the development of a routine practice.
Each session will include and element of movement, sound and a sound journey with crystal sound bowls.
What exactly is mindfulness? Mindfulness is an evidence-based approach that combines aspects of Eastern philosophy and Western psychology to help people create a more fulfilling meaningful live and better manage their distressing thoughts and feelings. By definition, mindfulness is paying attention in the present moment, with flexibility of attention and acceptance of what is in that moment. Truly understanding mindfulness comes through experiencing it. For this reason, we pitch the two week introductory workshops as an exploration into what mindfulness is experientially.
So, what might you benefit from practicing mindfulness? Everyone is different in how they experience movement and sound, nonetheless common benefits to a regular mindfulness practice include.
- Improvements in subjective well-being and a connection to self
- A reduction in psychological distress and emotional reactivity
- An improvement of behavioural regulation (such as anger management and substance use control)
- Reduced worry and rumination
- Reduced stress levels
- Boosted working memory capacity, processing speed and focus
- Increased cognitive flexibility
- Improve relationship quality and satisfaction
- Enhance self-insight, morality, intuition and fear modulation
- Numerous health benefits, including increased immune functioning
How do I book and who can attend? You must be 18 years or over to attend a workshop. Bookings are made through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and location for upcoming workshops coming soon.